Tuesday 4 November 2014

He's Here!!!


There's a reason it's been sounding like nothing but crickets over here.

I had my baby!

And caring for a newborn is 24/7 so I'm lucky if I get to read my favourite blogs, nevermind keep up with my own.

Baby Bennett was born almost 2 weeks early on Friday, September 19th at 9:58pm.  We were scheduled for a c-section (because he was frank breech) on Monday the 22nd, but he decided to come on his own terms which, despite throwing me off being even earlier, actually made me happy that he was able to choose his own birthday.

 photo DSC_019022_zps586ec9a1.jpg
I know it's probably anti-climactic not showing his face and call me old fashioned, but I'm just not sure how I feel about putting him all over the internet just yet.  And baby feet are just too cute, right?

Darryl and I were actually at the bank renegotiating our mortgage terms when my water broke (in a really big way) right there in Tracey's office all over her nice chair.  Sorry Tracey.  To say I was in shock is a huge understatement.  I had always heard that your water rarely breaks especially with your first and that you rarely go early with your first baby so I was not anticipating that at all.  I didn't even have a hospital bag packed yet - it was the last thing on my to-do list to be completed as soon as I got home from the bank!  So thank you to my amazing sister for running around my house packing up a bag for baby and me!

We had plans to finish up all loose ends that Friday night so that we could relax and enjoy our last weekend as a family of two, maybe take some naps that would soon enough become a distant memory, and maybe go on a nice date.  Then Monday morning would come and we would walk down to the hospital and have our baby.  

Well baby had plans of his own.

In the end it all turned out wonderfully and although I found the c-section experience a little traumatic and scary, all that matters is that our little boy arrived safe and sound and is just oh-so-beautiful.

So now Bennett is just over 6 weeks old (how did that happen!?) and seems to be going through a growth spurt already, constantly feeding and more fussy.  

When I get a chance, I will post some pictures of his nursery too, I'm so happy with how it turned out.


ps.  Jeanette (this dusty house) if you see this, congrats on your baby, I still follow your blog but it never lets me comment on your posts for some reason.  Also, I get emails from your email address whenever spam comments are made on my blog.  Weird.  

No comments:

Post a Comment