Monday 24 October 2011

DIY Wrapping Paper

On Friday my sister and I headed to our cousin's house for her eldest's 7th birthday celebration.  After I bought her gift I realized that I had nothing but Christmas wrapping paper and gift bags that were two sizes too small.  I decided to fashion my own wrapping instead of heading back out the the store.

I used some ancient craft paper that my sister and I have had since we were probably 10


I grabbed one of my Martha Stewart punchers and punched a bunch of flowers out



I drew out a letter F for the name tag and cut out a tag-like shape, then glued them together and tied some string on.




Next I wrapped her gift and glued everything on


This was for an awesome seven year old who loves zombies and Greek mythology.  She is truly one of a kind and I knew she would appreciate this black and hot pink wrapping paper.

I think I just may make my own wrapping paper again sometime!

Do you ever make your own wrapping paper?  Any favourite materials or designs?  Any tips??

No comments:

Post a Comment