Monday 19 December 2011

On Comet, On Cupid, On Donner and...

...Chocolate Blitzen!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  We were busy bees with a couple of Christmas gatherings to attend.  For our annual family Christmas Party on Saturday I made these delicious shooters for everyone to enjoy...


Pinned Image

I saw this on pinterest a while ago and saved it in my files.  They were a big hit and they were oh so delicious!

Can you believe I never took a picture of the actual ones I made??  I should have because I made a few changes:  I poured the drinks into shot glasses (it's a pretty rich drink so a full glass might be a bit much) and instead of chocolate sprinkles around the edge, I put a Christmas mix of red, white and green (that was Darryl's suggestion which I like much more than the original)

The above link has the recipe in case you want to try some, but for a quick overview, the ingredients include chocolate ice cream (doesn't that alone have you sold??), vodka, Bailey's and creme do cacao.

Posts this week may be a little sporadic and less house-related.  Things are changing and picking up at work and this week is a bit crazy!

Do you have any favourite holiday drinks?  Have you pinned any that you are just dying to try?  Have your Christmas partiesbegun as well?

4 comments:

  1. This sounds incredible and I haven't even read the recipe hahaha! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing....my holiday standby is much more simple - Grand Marnier & cranberry juice! Tastes & looks festive, and super simple!

    A non-alcoholic drink/dessert I'll be trying this season is a Candy Cane Latte - a double shot of espresso over a bit of candy cane crackle ice cream, & maybe some crushed candy canes to sprinkle on top of the whipped cream...definitely more of a dessert now that I've written out my plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Lisa, the dessert sounds so good! I have a few other things I was to try out but not sure if I'll get to them or not...

    ReplyDelete